Jr. Analytical Grammar is a program intended to introduce the ideas of English grammar to younger students. It is designed to be taught in an eleven-week grammar “season” in either 4th or 5th grade. Created in response to parent requests for grammar materials for younger students, it covers the same material found in the first ten units of Analytical Grammar, but the exercises are shorter and the reading level is lower. It is also more "interactive" as far as the parent is concerned. Rather than the student reading notes, the "notes" are really a series of questions and activities designed to help the child understand the grammatical concepts.
The program is divided into eleven units; each taxes about a week to go through. Each unit builds on the one before, so students use what they've already learned to master the next concept.
Our junior version is a gentle, easy introduction to the concepts of English grammar. It is straightforward to teach and fun for both teacher and student.
Jr. Analytical Grammar covers:
- All the parts of speech and parts of the sentence
- Classic sentence diagraming
Jr. Analytical Grammar includes:
- Teacher “talking points” for students
- Plenty of exercises to practice skills
- Short writing activities that reinforce concepts
- Tests to evaluate progress
- Complete answer keys and useful (but brief!) teacher notes
You have no items in your shopping cart.